Sunday, March 30, 2008

The power of a letter to a member of the WMC Board...

...I believe it is important to share with you that, for personal and philosophical reasons, I have resigned my seat as a member of the WMC Board of Directors.

David Wittwer,
President and CEO

Two weeks ago I wrote in this blog that I was ready to dump a long and happy business relationship with TDS Metrocom (phone and DSL internet connection) because I choose not to do business with a member of the board of Wisconsin Manufacturers and Commerce.

Here's the response from TDS President and Chief Executive Officer, David Wittwer. Click to enlarge


I am sticking with TDS. Wittwer's resignation and plea to retain my business speak eloquently of the influence we have with our consumer choices.

I'm really happy to remain a customer, in touch with the TDS staff and professionals who have provided great service over the years. And my opinion of Wittwer is up more than a few notches--he operates a good business that provides really good service and he is personally pragmatic.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

you are a thug.

Jim Bouman said...

Why, thank you.

You, on the other hand, would seem to be a no-name nobody, with no ideas, but notably attached to the nana-nana boo-boo school of debate and public discourse.

Flail away, Sluggo.

Anonymous said...

A thug? A rough, brutal hoodlum, gangster, robber? When you mean to insult someone by calling them a name, you should probably consult your dictionary first. Nothing worse that an insult that only confuses its intended audience.

I thought Mr. Bouman's letter to TDS was well-written and polite. He has every right to decide which companies to support with his hard-earned money--that's the really, really, really free market working its magic, is it not?

Why give your money to a corporation that uses your money to work against your own best interests? Now that would be stupid!

Powered By Blogger

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Of the biblical allotment of three score and ten I have lived only three of them more than a bicycle ride from one of the Great Lakes. I grew up ten blocks from Lake Erie in the (once Irish/Italian ghetto, now newly-hip) "Near West Side" of Cleveland. I can still cycle to the Milwaukee lakefront in an hour and a half; but, a round-trip has always been more than I would (noror ever did) attempt. -0- I'm a "...somewhat combative pacifist and fairly cooperative anarchist," after the example of Grace Paley (1922-2007). -0- I'm always cheerful when I pay my taxes (having refused--when necessary--to pay that portion of them dedicated to war). -0- And I always, always vote.