Friday, March 07, 2008
From the "highlight reel" of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel...
Please don't get me wrong. I liked athlete Brett Favre as much as the next fan. But the non-stop "news" both on the tube and in the paper have seemed...well, disproportionate.
This photo in the morning MJS caught the quarterback at an emotional moment. And the emotion that induced the tears is, no doubt, genuine.
But, does anybody else get the suspicion that there might have been some MJS photoshopping at work. There's something about the highlights in this photo that doesn't seem right.
- ► 2012 (15)
- ► 2011 (25)
- ► 2010 (31)
- ► 2009 (58)
- Barbara Fischer, Ed.D., A.B.D., Pimentel's certifi...
- The power of a letter to a member of the WMC Board...
- One thing I always love about going to Cleveland f...
- Luck of the Irish...
- Use economic clout to hammer the arrogant Director...
- You may not like the kind of chicken that comes fr...
- You damn well better submit to our tender mercies....
- From the "highlight reel" of the Milwaukee Journal...
- Real estate collapse.... close to home.
- Ralph Nader
- The Next Slum
- ▼ March 2008 (11)
- Jim Bouman
- Of the biblical allotment of three score and ten I have lived only three of them more than a bicycle ride from one of the Great Lakes. I grew up ten blocks from Lake Erie in the (once Irish/Italian ghetto, now newly-hip) "Near West Side" of Cleveland. I can still cycle to the Milwaukee lakefront in an hour and a half; but, a round-trip has always been more than I would (noror ever did) attempt. -0- I'm a "...somewhat combative pacifist and fairly cooperative anarchist," after the example of Grace Paley (1922-2007). -0- I'm always cheerful when I pay my taxes (having refused--when necessary--to pay that portion of them dedicated to war). -0- And I always, always vote.