In Baghdad, five Iraqis were wounded during a car bombing. Gunmen stormed a jewelry shop on Palestine St. and wounded two people who fought back; one gunman was captured.
In Mosul, a bomb killed two civilians in the Faisaliya neighborhood. Gunmen killed a man on a bus.
Two bodies were found in Balad Ruz.
A bomb killed a farmer in Buhriz.
A Kirkuk policeman was wounded when a bomb planted on his car exploded.
- ► 2012 (15)
- ► 2011 (25)
- ► 2010 (31)
- Getting sick of this? I am.
- Thursday: 8 Iraqis Killed, 45 Wounded....
- Wednesday: 7 Iraqis Killed, 13 Wounded....
- Tuesday: 6 Iraquis Killed, 22 Wounded...
- The stuff you hear on Sunday morning yap shows...
- Monday: at least 15 Iraqis were killed and 21 were...
- Sunday: 1 US Soldier, 8 Iraqis Killed; 17 Iraqis W...
- Summer interns at the NYT Editorial Pages
- Rethinking my trip to the west of Ireland...
- The failures of Children's Service Society are the...
- Vaya con dios...
- ▼ August 2009 (11)
- ► 2008 (50)
- Jim Bouman
- Of the biblical allotment of three score and ten I have lived only three of them more than a bicycle ride from one of the Great Lakes. I grew up ten blocks from Lake Erie in the (once Irish/Italian ghetto, now newly-hip) "Near West Side" of Cleveland. I can still cycle to the Milwaukee lakefront in an hour and a half; but, a round-trip has always been more than I would (noror ever did) attempt. -0- I'm a "...somewhat combative pacifist and fairly cooperative anarchist," after the example of Grace Paley (1922-2007). -0- I'm always cheerful when I pay my taxes (having refused--when necessary--to pay that portion of them dedicated to war). -0- And I always, always vote.