Tuesday, May 22, 2007
- ► 2012 (15)
- ► 2011 (25)
- ► 2010 (31)
- ► 2009 (58)
- ► 2008 (50)
- What's with that thing behind his head?
- It's starting to pinch for those owning raw land t...
- Trust and Betrayal
- Summer reading about the very hot Summer of 1787
- Don't shoot, GOP-Men. I surrender.
- As a lifelong pacifist and conscientious objector,...
- Be assured, Mr. Moore, the last thing in the worl...
- ▼ May 2007 (7)
- Jim Bouman
- Of the biblical allotment of three score and ten I have lived only three of them more than a bicycle ride from one of the Great Lakes. I grew up ten blocks from Lake Erie in the (once Irish/Italian ghetto, now newly-hip) "Near West Side" of Cleveland. I can still cycle to the Milwaukee lakefront in an hour and a half; but, a round-trip has always been more than I would (noror ever did) attempt. -0- I'm a "...somewhat combative pacifist and fairly cooperative anarchist," after the example of Grace Paley (1922-2007). -0- I'm always cheerful when I pay my taxes (having refused--when necessary--to pay that portion of them dedicated to war). -0- And I always, always vote.