Wednesday, February 18, 2009

POLICE BLOTTER Waukesha Police Department

I've never actually seen a "Police Blotter". But, this is what the Waukesha Freeman published today, seemingly, their "take" on what our local police are doing:

MONDAY Feb 16, 2009

11 a.m. – A woman reportedly wanted transients who were living in her backyard in the 1100 block of Whiterock Avenue to be removed after they lit a fire.

1:24 p.m. – A drunk who was found in the transit center in the 200 block of East St. Paul Avenue was reported as not looking in good shape.

1:47 p.m. – A male was reported for trying to start fires in an elevator in the 200 block of Barstow Street.

2:09 p.m. – A suspect was reported held down at gunpoint after a foot pursuit near Garfield Avenue and West Wabash Avenue.

5:33 p.m. – A woman who just arrived at her house in the 2900 block of Rolling Ridge Drive reported that someone may be in her home. The house was found to be empty.

5:42 p.m. – A suspicious man was reported sitting in a vehicle in the 1800 block of Milky Way Road. He told police he was watching turkeys.

It's hard to tell what's going on here: Is this merely the the worst reportorial hash from the worst reportorial (and editorial) hash-house in Wisconsin?

Or is it a realistic view of what the local cop shop is doing on an average day?

During the recent budget-making by the Waukesha Mayor and City Council, the No. 2 in the Police Department submitted an analysis of the frightening state of understaffing in the Department.

He said a lot, and gave a lot of comparative statistics.

But it all boiled down to this.

"We need an additional 42 uniformed officers to adequately protect the people of Waukesha".

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

One of my favorite pastimes, in my peregrinations around our state, is to pick up the local paper and read the police report. It's a great way to get quick insight into whatever small community I find myself in - for example, the proportion of car break-ins to loud noise complaints is a telling indicator of the comparative wealth of different places.

Powered By Blogger

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Of the biblical allotment of three score and ten I have lived only three of them more than a bicycle ride from one of the Great Lakes. I grew up ten blocks from Lake Erie in the (once Irish/Italian ghetto, now newly-hip) "Near West Side" of Cleveland. I can still cycle to the Milwaukee lakefront in an hour and a half; but, a round-trip has always been more than I would (noror ever did) attempt. -0- I'm a "...somewhat combative pacifist and fairly cooperative anarchist," after the example of Grace Paley (1922-2007). -0- I'm always cheerful when I pay my taxes (having refused--when necessary--to pay that portion of them dedicated to war). -0- And I always, always vote.