Friday, February 22, 2008

I'm so hungry I could eat a horse...

The Donner Party has always induced a grisly fascination around here. The lineage of my wife's family goes back centuries in the heart of Pennsylvania Dutch Country. Her family name is close to Donner, but not exactly.

Her father did a good deal of research and satisfied himself that there was a distant familial connection. He also gave thanks that his immediate ancestors apparently declined the opportunity to go west with the others.

So...even though this particular item on the bill of fare is to adults what fart jokes are to six year olds, I've decided to serve it up on Water Blogged.

Check out Randall Munroe at xkcd Don't let the stick figures fool you. You may get to liking them more than you'll believe.

1 comment:

carol said...

Have you ever heard the following:

I'm so hungry I could eat a camel!

Or, have you heard the joke beginning with the following: The husband said to his wife "I'm so hungry I could eat a camel". She replied ".....".
Can you fill in the .....?

Powered By Blogger

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Of the biblical allotment of three score and ten I have lived only three of them more than a bicycle ride from one of the Great Lakes. I grew up ten blocks from Lake Erie in the (once Irish/Italian ghetto, now newly-hip) "Near West Side" of Cleveland. I can still cycle to the Milwaukee lakefront in an hour and a half; but, a round-trip has always been more than I would (noror ever did) attempt. -0- I'm a "...somewhat combative pacifist and fairly cooperative anarchist," after the example of Grace Paley (1922-2007). -0- I'm always cheerful when I pay my taxes (having refused--when necessary--to pay that portion of them dedicated to war). -0- And I always, always vote.