Monday, October 22, 2007
Almost 60 years later: Still no National Health, and--sad to say--no repeat World Series
The same month my dad bought this pennant for me, Harry Truman was hammering the "Damn do-nothing 80th Congress" for their failure to enact his National Health Plan (among other things).
As a kid, with this on my wall, I recall liking this portrayal of an American Indian--said to be based on Mohawk images-- and there was something authentic about the crude stitching on the baseball in the background. I never liked the switch that introduced the "Chief Wahoo" mascot.
Maybe changing their name and ditching the chief would change our luck.
And--maybe, just maybe--changing presidents (the sooner the better; impeachment can work wonders) will change our luck on National Health.
- ► 2012 (15)
- ► 2011 (25)
- ► 2010 (31)
- ► 2009 (58)
- ► 2008 (50)
- Hallucinated nonsense....and some reality.
- Almost 60 years later: Still no National Health, a...
- You may just hate The NY Times for their "slant". ...
- A letter to the columnist, Laurel Walker...
- Blogger poses a question. Decider snaps a respons...
- Felipe Perez Roque, addressing the United Nations ...
- ▼ October 2007 (6)
- Jim Bouman
- Of the biblical allotment of three score and ten I have lived only three of them more than a bicycle ride from one of the Great Lakes. I grew up ten blocks from Lake Erie in the (once Irish/Italian ghetto, now newly-hip) "Near West Side" of Cleveland. I can still cycle to the Milwaukee lakefront in an hour and a half; but, a round-trip has always been more than I would (noror ever did) attempt. -0- I'm a "...somewhat combative pacifist and fairly cooperative anarchist," after the example of Grace Paley (1922-2007). -0- I'm always cheerful when I pay my taxes (having refused--when necessary--to pay that portion of them dedicated to war). -0- And I always, always vote.